The first thing that popped into our head when we received this eye shadow from Melkior was how are we going to use it? It's such a powerful color, we usually use only nudes when applying make up. But since Saci had a similar make up saved in her photos, we decided to recreate it using this amazing color. Honestly, it was so much fun! Cannot wait to try out many more vivid colors! Here are a few steps to help you with this make up!
For this make up I used:
1. MaxFactor Whipped Creme Foundation (no 40 Light Ivory): For a good lasting make up, foundation is a crucial step (of course after moisturising). Since Saci is new to the make up world, we decided to buy her this whipped creme foundation because it is really easy to apply. I would have to say that it's not the best alternative for Saci's skin, but she really loves it so we just have to work with what we've got. I applied it with my RT Buffing brush.
2. Bourjois Healthy Mix Concealer (no 52 Medium Radiance): I heard so many great things about Bourjois products, so I bought this concealer as a gift for my lil' sister. It's a bit darker than her skin tone, but you can easily work with it and I think you cannot even notice the difference! I used the RT Miracle Complexion sponge to apply it and blend it in.
3. Bourjois Healthy Balance Unifying Powder (no 52 Vanille): I've heard so many great things about this product from ViviannaDoesMakeup, so it was the first powder that I recommended Saci to buy when she was visiting Hungary this February. It is such a great, light powder, you can see how much she has already used and it's only April! I used my RT Multi Task brush to apply it and unify the whole base.
4. Sleek MakeUp i-Divine Eyeshadow Palette (Au naturel): Ever since Saci bought this palette I wanted to try it out because she really likes it. I have to say it's a pretty good palette, with great colors and you can apply it and work easily with it. For this look I used the Noir and Taupe colors, both of them in the crease and corner of the eye.
5. Melkior Eye Shadow (Lilith): This is such a great pigmented eye shadow! We heard a lot of great things about Melkior products and I am really satisfied with it. After I used the Sleek palette and left the central part of the eye lid uncovered, I applied this eye shadow and blended it so it looks all even.
6. Catrice Defining Blush (Sunrose Avenue): To give this whole look an extra glow, I used this Catrice blush. I think it goes so well with the color scheme of this make up. When applying it, I think the most important thing to remember is that less is more. I've seen so many girls and MUA also who use a lot of blush and of course they look like Billy the Puppet from Saw. It's not acceptable to just apply the blush on your face. I think you have to first tap off the extra powder from the brush, and I like to also run it along the surface of my hand first, and only after these two little procedures I apply it on my face.
7. Melkior Lipstick (Cosmopolitan Red - 12403): This lipstick is actually more intense, but because of the really dark eye makeup, I suggested we put a single layer of this and I dabbed it with handkerchief so it's more light and natural looking. And voila, the make up is done! :)
Blossom Collection Melkior
Iti plac bomboanele fondante? Atunci afla ca tendintele spun ca in sezonul primavara – vara 2015 se poarta nuantele pastelate in cele mai frumoase combinatii artistice. Atat la capitolul haine, cat si in machiaj. Stralucirea abundenta este acum inlocuita cu blandetea cromatica a culorilor calde. Toate tonurile diafane sunt in prim-plan. Delicate, palide, siropoase, pline de farmec, gata-gata sa-ti vina sa le mananci.
Alege preferatele tale dintre aceste culori dulci ale colectiei Blossom Collection Melkior si combina-le complementar pentru a realiza un machiaj romantic, care iti pune in valoare sensibilitatea si gingasia.
Have an amazing week!
Kinga & Saci