Since we decided to post every day in October, I really wanted to do different kind of posts. Don't get me wrong, I have a few outfit posts prepared for you guys, but I feel like this blog is a more personal one, let's call it a lifestyle blog. And to be totally true, besides fashion and science the next thing that filles my days is series. I am addicted, I usually watch 2-3 hours of series per day. Yep ... told you, I am really addicted. And you know what's the worst part of it? Is that I really love dramas, the ones that keep you up all night and you cannot stop crying. It happened so many times to me, Kinga makes fun of me. Can you blame me? I am such a hopeless romantic. But honestly, I think the reason why I choose drama and romantic series over really complicated and meaningful series is that I want to break free from all the problems that I might have every day. I am studying to become a doctor, I have classes every day. When I come home, the last thing I want to do is think and contemplate on the meaning of life and stuff like that. So I get lost in my series, which you will see is a huge bubble. Some of them have already ended, some of them just got started. I devided them in a few categories, so let's get started!
1. Modern Family (IMDB rating 8,6): I started watching it this summer and I am already up to date. Just love it, so hilarious, plus who doesn't love Sofia Vergara? Basically it's about three different, but related families face trials and tribulations in their own uniquely comedic ways.
2. How I met your mother (IMDB rating 8,4): If you haven't heard of this series, where were you in the last 10 years? It's one of the most famous series amongs us teenagers and not only. Everyone knows the yellow umbrella, the Oh-honey moments and Barney Stinson's quotes.
3. New Girl (IMDB rating 7,8): After a bad break-up, Jess (played by the incredible Zooey Deschanel), an offbeat young woman, moves into an apartment loft with three single men. Although they find her behavior very unusual, the men support her - most of the time.
4. Young & Hungry (IMDB rating 7,6): This is a relatively new series, which is just so fun to watch. The episodes are 20 minutes filled with loads of funny moments, you know those ones that you actually laugh out loud.
5. Awkward (IMDB rating 7,7): Who doesn't like high school dramas filled with loads of hilarious moments? It's basically about an unpopular girl, Jenna, who falls for a really popular guy Matty. Everyone has a unique personality, that's what makes it so great! You're welcome!
6. 2 broke girls (IMDB rating 6,9): Wait, what? I think this show deserves more than 6,9. It's so funny and cute. Two young women waitressing at a greasy spoon diner strike up an unlikely friendship in the hopes of launching a successful business - if only they can raise the cash.
7. The Mindy project (IMDB rating 7,4): At first I didn't really like it, because I thought it will be more about Ob/Gyn but no. It's about all the drama surrounding Mindy, a young doctor. She works in a really fun clinic, where of course her main problem is finding her love.
8. Suburgatory (IMDB rating 7,3): Well, I think that 2 broke girls is a way better show than this. Don't get me wrong it's funny and sweet, but that's all. It's about a girl, Tessa, who moved from the big city to the suburbs, and cannot really fit in. What I love about this show is how they represent the suborb people, really funny.
1. Chasing Life (IMDB rating 7,9): Rumours say that this show got cancelled. I am so sorry, because it has become one of my fave series. It's about a girl named April who has leukemia and struggles for her life. If I had to chose a series to what I cried the most, this would be it. Of course it's surrounded with loads of drama but at least this story is a better representation of reality, and it doesn't have a happy ending.
2. Grey's anatomy (IMDB rating 7,7): Of course you have heard of this, they have been dragging this show for 10 years now. It has it's up and downs, but Shonda Rhymes can always surprise us in a new season. I love that it changed so much, because I actually stopped watching this show a few year ago. It was all about who screws who, but now after every good looking guy died (spoiler alert!) it's more chill.
3. The Fosters (IMDB rating 8,1): I love diversity in life and in series also. I love getting to know a different aspect of life, that is why I really like this. It's about a teenager Callie Jacobs, who is placed in a foster home with a lesbian couple and their blend of biological, adoptive and foster children. Interesting, right?
4. Switched at birth (IMDB rating 7,8): Speaking of diversity, this series is about two teenagers who got switched at birth. One of them went deaf at a really young age, so most of the series is in sign language. So it's not one of those searies you just listen to while browsing through Pinterest.
5. Jane the virgin (IMDB rating 7,7): I just started watching this. I love it! Somehow is a carricature of soap operas and I just love the narrator. It's about a young, devout woman who discovers that she was accidentally artificially inseminated, and of course, she is a virgin.
6. 90210 (IMDB rating 6,1): Wow that rating is so low. Well, this series is good to relax to, it doesn't have a meaning, it's just fun to watch all the drama surrounding rich kids. It's about a Kansas family that relocates to Beverly Hills, where their two children adapt to the infamous social drama of West Beverly Hills High.
7. Hart of Dixie (IMDB rating 7,8): One word can describe this show: CUTE! New Yorker and new doctor Zoe Hart accepts an offer from a stranger, Dr. Harley Wilkes, to work in his medical practice in Bluebell, Alabama. She arrives to find he has died and left half the practice to her in his will.
8. The Carrie diaries (IMDB rating 7): Well, it was a lovely show, but it got cancelled. It's about the famous Carrie Bradshaw, who is in her junior year of high school in the early 1980s. She asks her first questions about love, sex, friendship and family while navigating the worlds of high school and Manhattan.
9. Desperate Housewives (IMDB rating 7,4): Another one of those series that every girl has seen. It's about Westeria Lane, and about the life of the suburban families. And who doesn't like Eva Longoria?
10. Necessary Roughness (IMDB rating 7): It only has three seasons, and it was cancelled. I really liked it. It's about a psychotherapist's life after she got cheated on and starts to work for a football team.
11. Gossip Girl (IMDB rating 7,4): What? This has to be the most famous and fashionable show ever. Well maybe after SATC, but still, 7,4? Anyway, I am pretty sure I don't have to introduce you to Blair Waldorf and the Upper East Side's privileged teens.
12. Pretty Little Liars (IMDB rating 7,8): The only reason why I am still watching this is because of all the fashionable outfits. I got really bored of who A is. At least now in the last series they unveiled the truth in a mystery. I kind of liked it.
1. Suits (IMDB rating 8,7): On the run from a drug deal gone bad, Mike Ross, a brilliant college-dropout, finds himself a job working with Harvey Specter, one of New York City's best lawyers. Even though sometimes I have no idea what they are talking about I love it! In the end you figure out everything you need to know about the case they are trying to win. And who doesn't just love Donna? She knows everything!!
2. How to get away with murder (IMDB rating 8,3): I really love Shonda Rhymes. Friday is my fave day cuz I can watch all three major shows that appear on Thursday. This is a relatively new series and I just love it. A group of ambitious law students and their brilliant criminal defense professor become involved in a twisted murder plot that promises to change the course of their lives.
3. Scandal (IMDB rating 8): Grab your bowl of popcorn and the best red wine, and enjoy OPA cases and of course the love triangle between Olivia Pope, the president of US and a sexy Jake Ballard. You will love it, I promise!
4. Criminal Minds (IMDB rating 8,2): It's one of those series that you don't have to keep up with, the episodes are not really connected. But I really love it, especially the relation between the hot Derek Morgen and the quirky Penelope Garcia.
5. Orange is the new black (IMDB rating 8,4): The story of Piper Chapman, a woman in her thirties who is sentenced to fifteen months in prison after being convicted of a decade-old crime of transporting money to her drug-dealing girlfriend. This show got so famous last year on Facebook, I just had to watch it. I don't really like it that one season appears in one day, cuz in a few days I will watch the whole season. What's the point?
6. The Mentalist (IMDB rating 8,1): It's one of those famous series everyone has heard of. Honestly, I first saw it on TV in Hungarian and then I decided to start watching it in English. It's so wierd how personalities change with a language. Anyway, this show is about a famous "psychic" who outs himself as a fake and starts working as a consultant for the California Bureau of Investigation so he can find "Red John," the madman who killed his wife and daughter.
7. Bones (IMDB rating 8): A forensic anthropologist and a cocky FBI agent build a team to investigate death causes. And quite often, there isn't more to examine than rotten flesh or mere bones. Sounds interesting right?
8. White Collar (IMDB rating 8,3): A white collar criminal agrees to help the FBI catch other white collar criminals using his expertise as an art and securities thief, counterfeiter, and conman. It is really interesting, but I don't understand why it ended.
1. Stitchers (IMDB rating 6,7): I guess it doesn't have a good rating because it just started. I really love it. If I tell you what it's about you will think this is stupid, but no, it's so so interesting! So different from all the series that I am watching. It's about a young woman who is recruited into a secret government agency to be "stitched" into the minds of the recently deceased, using their memories to investigate murders.
Shows that I want to watch in the near future
Code Black, Masters of Sex, Sherlock, Blood & Oil, Once upon a time, Vikings, Game of thrones, Breaking Bad
As you can see on my "wish list" there are more serious and dark shows. I feel that I should "grow up" from all the drama and soap opera like series. These were all recommended by my friends and family, but because I watch so many of them, I didn't have any time for these ones!
Which ones do you like? Tell me which series is worth watching, I am really interested!